Police Investigating Assaults
Fort Collins Police Services is currently investigating two physical assaults that occurred on July 26th and July 27th. The assaults were perpetrated against female victims by an unknown male assailant(s). These cases share similarities in that both women were returning home late at night, were in the apartment complexes where they lived, and were assaulted from behind by an unknown assailant(s). In both cases, the victims of the assaults were able to evade the assailant and police were called. The victims in these cases suffered physical injuries during the assaults. The motive(s) of the assailant(s) is unknown at this time.
Very little information is known as yet that will lead police to the identification of a suspect or suspects. Members of the public are reminded to be vigilant and to take the following simple precautions in order to remain safe.
- When traveling to or from home late at night, always try to be in the company of at least one other person.
- Always travel in well lit areas if at all possible.
- If being dropped off by a friend in a vehicle or by a taxi, ask the driver to take you within sight of your door and remain until that driver can see that you are safely inside.
- Be vigilant. Know your surroundings.
- Report any suspicious persons or activity to police without delay.
- Keep doors and windows secured.
Anyone with information about the incidents is asked to call Sergeant Kristy Volesky at 970-224-6020 or Crime Stoppers of Larimer County at 970-221-6868. Crime Stoppers may also be reached through their web site atwww.stopcriminals.org.